1-Breaker LS5 controller
Multiple Circuit Breaker Control & Protection
Woodward’s LS-5 Series relays are synchronizer controllers with integrated mains decoupling and protection features.
The applications range from independent synch check relay to complex power management with multiple utility feeds, bus tie-breakers and group breakers in combination with Woodward’s easYgen-3400XT/3500XT equipped genset controllers.
Wiring efforts are reduced to a minimum, since only one CAN bus connection is required between all LS-5 and easYgen controllers to transmit AC measurement signals, I/O states, flags, etc.
The LS-5x1 devices manage synchronization, loading and un-loading on each bus segment and send the required voltage, frequency and phase angle references via CAN bus to the easYgen-3400XT/3500XT genset controllers.
When serving an incoming mains breaker it automatically detects mains failure, performs mains decoupling and sends the start signal to the easYgen.
The LS-5x1 is software selectable to be applied as an independent synch check relay, mains circuit breaker control or bus tie-breaker control thereby providing exceptional versatility and value for OEM switchgear builders, generator packagers, and system integrators.
The LS-5x1 Series is available in two different mounting styles. An LS-521 with a plastic housing and graphic LCD display is designed to be mounted on the cabinet’s front door. An LS-511 with an aluminum powder coated housing without display is designed to be back panel mounted.
- Up to 16 LS-5 units can be operated in one network with up to 32 easYgen-3400XT/3500XT.
- Phase match or slip frequency synchronization with voltage matching Full protection package (including df/dt (ROCOF), phase shift, and mains voltage increasing protection)
- Segment control for the load sharing Event Log with up to 300 entries Automatic date and time synchronization between the LS-5 units and the connected easYgen-3400XT/3500XT controls
- LS-5 “Stand alone” mode without the easYgen-3400XT/3500XT is possible
- Preconfigured application modes that simplify the configuration process for complex multibreaker applications
- AUTOmatic and MANual mode
- Full remote control via CAN or RS-485 interface
- Vector group adjustment in case transformers are used in the application
- Breaker open/close failure detection
- Mains decoupling “Test” mode
- Lock keypad feature
- 4 freely configurable alarms
- 8 Freely configurable LED`s on the LS-511 back panel mountable device
- Multi-lingual capability: English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Turkish, Polish
Example of a complex installation
Two mains connections, multiple generators controlled by easYgen, multiple tie-breakers and step-up transformers controlled and protected by LS5