Mechanical-hydraulic speed control of diesel and gas engines and steam turbines
The 3161 governor is a mechanical-hydraulic device that senses speed to control dual fuel engines, diesel engines, or steam turbines. The variety of standard features and available options make the governor ideal for a wide variety of applications that require work capacity of up to 24 N-m (18 lb-ft). Applications include off-highway vehicles, industrial, marine, generator set, compressor, or pump drives.
3161 operation can be isochronous for accurate constant speed or frequency control, or droop for load sharing. The amount of droop may be changed internally or with an optional external lever.
Among the governor options are torque rise and low idle offset which provide increased low speed, no load stability, and reduced undershoot and stalling.
The governor has its own sump for quick startup response. Direction of rotation of the governor drive is set at the factory, but can be changed in the field by turning the pump housing.
- Isochronous or droop control
- Manual, electric, pneumatic speed setting options
- Manual, electric, hydraulic shutdown options
- Fuel limiting options
- Torque rise, low idle offset options
- Terminal position indicator
- Operates with engine oil or self-contained sump
- Directly interchangeable with UG-8 governor